Cape Cod Finished Basements, Cellar Renovations, Basement Remodels, Game Rooms, Exercise Rooms – Cape Cod, South Coast MA, & South Shore MA
Low cost basement remodels in Marion, Mattapoisett, Fairhaven, Rochester, Lakeville, Wareham, Bourne, Falmouth, Mashpee, Barnstable, Hyannis, Yarmouth, & other southeastern MA & Cape Cod towns
Dennis D. Crowley Construction can offer many remodeling suggestions and design ideas to create a finished basement that will expand your home's living space, offer years of enjoyment & many recreational possibilities, and increase the value of your southeastern MA or Cape Cod home.
Designing a low cost basement remodeling plan
A finished basement is a cost-effective way to add valuable living space to your home. A cellar remodeling project requires a home improvement plan that clearly defines the purpose and function of the finished basement, structural concerns, existing or potential water/moisture/mildew problems, electrical & plumbing concerns, and construction questions involving cellar flooring, drywall, insulation, lighting, storage areas, and whether or not to add a cellar bathroom.
Many purposes of a finished basement
Dennis D. Crowley Construction can help you get the most out of your cellar, including these great remodeling possibilities:
- Entertainment room with a bar or lounge area
- Recreation room or game room
- Exercise room, home gym, or fitness workout room
- Play area for children or rec room for teenagers
- Home office, music studio, or home workshop
- Home theater room or media/television room
- Home wine cellar
Water in basement & moisture problems
One of the foremost concerns for every New England basement remodeling project is moisture, mildew, or water in the cellar. Basement waterproofing must be taken care of first, with basement drainage systems, sump pumps, wall/floor crack repairs, and other waterproofing techniques. Potential moisture problems dictate that the best cellar flooring options are concrete flooring, and ceramic tile, vinyl tile, or slate tile (with proper floor preparation and sub-flooring). Carpeting, hardwood flooring, or laminate flooring are not the recommended cellar floor choices in southeastern Massachusetts and Cape Cod, unless your basement is absolutely dry year-round.
Finished basement renovation options
There are many remodeling and design considerations to assess when finishing your basement:
- Do you want large rooms and open space, or do you want to build new walls and section off the cellar?
- If you are planning to entertain or use the basement often, do you need to install an additional bathroom in the basement?
- Do you need to install drop-ceiling panels or other ceiling materials?
- Is the electrical service sufficient for TVs, stereos, home theater units, or exercise equipment?
- Is the plumbing sufficient for a bathroom or a sink (if you're installing a bar)?
- Is there proper lighting in the basement? Do cellar windows bring in sunlight?
- Have you planned for storage closets or storage shelves? A laundry room?
- Does the basement require soundproofing (if the room is used by teens)?
- Does the cellar need more insulation? Does ductwork need to be re-routed?
Free basement remodeling consultations
Call Dennis D. Crowley Construction for a free consultation to discuss the many options you have in basement remodeling. We can help you create a finished basement that will enlarge your living space, add to the value of your home, and enhance your recreational, business, fitness, or entertainment possibilities.
MA basement remodels, finished basements – Cape Cod, South Coast MA, & South Shore MA – cellar renovations, construction of game rooms, exercise rooms, home theatre rooms, home offices, storage shelves
We provide quality basement finishing, basement remodeling, cellar waterproofing, construction of recreation rooms, game rooms, exercise rooms, home gyms, home offices, and other basement improvement services throughout our southern New England service area, including these MA communities:
Cape Cod: Barnstable MA, Bourne MA, Centerville MA, Cotuit MA, Dennis MA, Falmouth MA, Forestdale MA, Harwich MA, Hyannis MA, Marstons Mills MA, Mashpee MA, Osterville MA, Pocasset MA, Sagamore MA, Sandwich MA, & Yarmouth MA;
South Coast MA: Acushnet MA, Assonet MA, Berkley MA, Buzzards Bay MA, Dighton MA, Fairhaven MA, Fall River MA, Freetown MA, Onset MA, Lakeville MA, Marion MA, Mattapoisett MA, New Bedford MA, North Dartmouth MA, Rehoboth MA, Rochester MA, Seekonk MA, Somerset MA, South Dartmouth MA, Swansea MA, Wareham MA, & Westport MA;
South Shore MA: Bridgewater MA, Carver MA, Duxbury MA, East Bridgewater MA, Halifax MA, Hanson MA, Kingston MA, Marshfield MA, Middleboro MA, Norton MA, Pembroke MA, Plymouth MA, Plympton MA, Raynham MA, Taunton MA, & West Bridgewater MA.